One of the unique features of the StrataVac is that in addition to having the ability to communicate the pressure that your system is maintaining, the gauge can be ordered with a regulator card and valve which opens and closes as needed in order to control your system at a specific pressure, for example, 2 Torr. This configuration of the gauge which gives you the ability to control, is useful for those conducting experiments that require consistent pressure readings. It is also a common request for those who work in industries where processes require stable pressure to ensure that the final product was held to a particular vacuum level during a process, an example being the StrataVac maintaining a predetermined pressure in a chamber that is vacuum drying products for the medical industry.
Having compatibility with capacitance manometers gives you another configuration to look for. With the use of a capacitance manometer that measures a specific pressure with more reliable accuracy than a thermal sensors, you can more easily control your system at a pressure that is suitable for your experiment. This pairing of the StrataVac and capacitance manometer is often utilized by those in labs doing research, as a calibration standard for other instruments, or as an in-house standard when performing tests. It seems that many in the vacuum field choose capacitance manometers whenever possible because it is isolated and particles cannot contaminate the sensor.
- Vacuum Controller – Drive and combine up to 3 of your sensors | Save space, money, and avoid confusion by combining multiple tasks into one device. Can control vacuum with bleed or throttle valves from 10mT – 760T.
- Modular – Can be configured with up to 4 expansion boards to control multiple gauges at one time | Accepts different inputs based on driver board and sensor election | Possible different outputs including: analog recorder, RS232, Ethernet, SPDT relays and VLC
- Wide Range Accuracy – Configured with sensors based on the accuracy and range required to sense vacuum and display the pressure reading in user selectable units of Torr, mbar, or kilopascal
- Calibrated – Every STRATAVAC is calibrated and pretested under actual vacuum against a NIST standard
- Applications – Transfer Standard for calibrating other vacuum instruments, main reference gauge, research, and in-house standard
- Optional Bleed Type Vacuum Control – Controls vacuum level at a particular set-point between 30 milliTorr and 2000 milliTorr.
- See detail specs on DigiVac’s website
|Model||StrataVac Single-Head Distillation Kit|
|Units||Torr, mbar, kPa|
|Vacuum range||5E-9 – 1000 Torr|
|Range with Accuracy||5E-4 – 1000 Torr|
|Vacuum interface||1/8″ male NPT or KF/NW|
|Display||.38 inch high 6 digit red LED|
|Controls||7 amp, 250 Volt (If applicable)|
|Telemetry options||RS232, ethernet|
|Mount||1/8 DIN or bench top|
|Unit dimensions||1.7 x 3.52 x 5.35 inches (HxWxDeep)|
|Shipping dimensions||11 x 10 x 4 inches|