Unlike traditional column chromatography glassware, these flash chromatography units are automated and use pressure and force on your sample through the column (which is already packed with packing material).
As the mobile phase works through the column, it will only pull out certain molecules, while leaving others behind (due to how closely the solvents match the molecules’ polarity).
You can purify synthesis reaction mixtures, proteins, peptides, and natural extracts – from milligram to gram quantities.
The Iquat Gradient HPLC pump has a 1% accuracy, making for an efficient mixture of gradients within the unit.
You can also avoid “pre-mixing” the mobile phase with this machine.
- two models available: 420 & 800
- accepts varying size collection tubes – You can select the correct volume and size for your runs.
- accepts flash chromatography columns from F0001 up to F0330, as well as prep LC columns (depending on model chosen)
- UV Diode Array Detector – for accurate and repeatable results (with respect to compound peaks) while performing a run
- multiple collection racks
- full, touch-screen display
Not only that, but during a run, the instrument will generate a chromatogram for use in recognizing retention time and concentration of compounds against known standards